Mission of the School:
The following Mission Statement describes the thrust of all activities in the matter of the School and education:
- To provide education that will produce well rounded, successful and productive citizens of this country with a knowledge of Islam and an appreciation of their responsibilities as Muslims.
Vision of the School:
The vision of the school is to produce “An Islamic Environment for Learning”. The School is committed to producing an Islamic atmosphere in which learning takes place and it is expected that the management, teachers, and service givers in the School will exhibit visible Muslim characteristics and incorporate them into the curriculum in a holistic manner to enable the children to learn about Islamic values.
Objectives of the School:
Al-Iman School was established with the following objectives:
- To establish a safe Islamic environment for learning.
- To provide opportunities and guidance for Muslim students to live Islamically in North America.
- To provide opportunities for Muslim students to learn the essentials of Islam and Islamic principles.
- To provide opportunities for Muslim students to learn the art of reading the Holy Qur’an.
- To produce students with a sense of Islamic identity.
- To produce students that will strive for academic and moral excellence.
- To produce students with the ability to make informed and rational decisions and to express themselves with clarity, skill and confidence.
- To produce students with an education allowing them to carry out a gainful, productive life.
Values of the School:
The School management, teachers, parents, students and volunteers are the strength of the school and are committed to the following values:
- Providing a quality education to develop successful Muslims in this country.
- Empowering parents to take an active role in the education of their child.
- Assisting students in developing Islamic values to guide them in handling conflict and in decision making.
- Stimulating students to understand and appreciate Islamic social behaviour in their dealings within the family, among friends and in society.
- Fostering an Islamic atmosphere in the school based on the Sunnah.
- Striving for excellence.
- Fulfilling commitments and acting with integrity.
Indicators of Success:
- Academic Excellence – EQAO Scores, annual Canadian Achievement Tests, Ontario Report Cards, Surveys
- Islamic knowledge growth: monitoring growth in knowledge of ability to read the Qur’an, apply Islamic values in daily life and in decision making
- Active participation in Community Life – Muslim Community as well as the Canadian Community